- FAA TSO and E/TSO-C139a certified.
- 4.5 ounces on-head weight. It helps enhance comfort over long periods of use.
- Electret noise-canceling mic. Increases clarity and reduces background noise when transmitting, specifically for aircraft with "hot mic" or PTT systems.
- Digital active noise cancellation. Significantly reduces ambient noise, allowing users to lower radio volume and hear what they need to hear.
- User-selectable noise cancellation. Customize noise reduction according to personal preference.
- Tap control for talk-through communication. Double tapping either earbud allows for optimized voice communication outside of the intercom.
- Bluetooth connectivity and audio prioritization. Full-function Bluetooth enables connections to phone, tablet, or EFBs. Prioritization controls how Bluetooth audio interacts with the intercom system.
This is the Dual General Aviation Plug version of the Bose ProFlight 2 Aviation Headset.
Bose ProFlight Series 2
Ergonomically and functionally they just didn’t meet my needs. The noise canceling did not allow for the over speaker call outs to be heard clearly. Changing the level of ANR just for takeoff or landing was not going to work for me in the long run. The earbuds became uncomfortable after a few hours. Probably the biggest complaint was that I couldn’t hear my own transmissions clearly or my own intercom communication. The intercom communications from myself came across as muffled and distance in my audio. The plug wire no matter how I clipped it was heavy and always catching on something. The boom mic was long and also needed constant adjustment. I might be being generous giving them 2 stars. I love Bose products and will continue using their other model, A20 as my aviation headset. It’s my opinion the engineers missed their mark this time with this headset. My experience with these headsets is from the left seat of the B747. As a result of these issues I returned them. I’m still waiting for my refund.