If you're a commercial or business pilot, you need a professional-grade headset that means business. The Telex Airman 8+ is specifically designed for long flights in turbine aircraft.
It will keep your ears hearing well and your head comfortable with active noise reduction technology and lightweight design, including soft ear cushions and headband pads. Each headset comes with replaceable ear cushion covers and two different sized soft headband pads.
The Airman 8+ uses Telex's proprietary battery-free system. It's also FAA TSO C-139a approved and meets RTCA DO-160G and DO-214A standards.
The AIRMAN 8+ offers a range of innovative new features for increased comfort, stability and ease-of-use:
- ANR reduces fatigue and improves intelligibility
- Larger comfortable leatherette ear cushions and sanitary replaceable covers are included
- Two different sized interchangeable soft headband pads included. Featuring ultralightweight design for enhanced comfort, even on long flights
- Strong stainless steel headband and dual-axis pivot points for increased durability and long headset life
- New yoke design provides dual-axis adjustments and rotation stabilization
The AIRMAN 8+ meets the highest commercial aviation standards:
Excellent ANR performance and microphone noise cancellation ensure superior in-flight communication
- Innovative technology eliminates the need for batteries
- Fully FAA TSO C-139a approved
- Meets RTCA DO-160G and DO-214A standards
- Acoustic limiter protects against sudden increases in sound level
- Clear voice transmission with a high-quality amplified electret microphone
- Three-year warranty
bad quality/ company won't honor warranty
Sound quality is far inferior to Bose and the likes. Biggest complaint, is this heaset came apart 45 minutes into a flight, and I had to hold the mic up to my mouth with my hand. When I sent the headset in for repair. It took months to get back to me, then they told me they were not going to warranty the headset because I damaged it. It literally just fell apart. They told me it would cost half the price of a new headset to fix, or I would have to pay $50 to ship the broken headset back to me. NEVER AGAIN... I'm buying Bose Proflights
Lightweight, No Battery Required, Decent ANR
This replaced my Telex 850 headset. I was worried about the bigger size being heavier, but they have basically the same feel when wearing them. The ANR is not as good as some other headsets (but better than the 850), but the lack of having to mess with a battery outweighs that for me as well as not having to pay those really expensive prices.