Even brand-new radio controlled (RC) airplane pilots can learn and train on the HobbyZone® Apprentice® S 2 1.2m. It is specially designed to make learning to fly with a more “traditional” trainer easy and fun for beginner pilots.
The Apprentice® S 2 1.2m is an updated version of the best-selling Mini Apprentice S 1.2m – and is scaled down from the larger E-flite Apprentice STS 1.5m design for more affordability and ability to fly at large parks and sports fields along with typical dedicated RC flying fields.
A durable exterior body houses an efficient brushless motor along with a telemetry-capable ESC plus a Smart battery and charger.
Takeoffs, landings, and ground handling are easier with the steerable nose wheel and oversized tires of the wide-stance tricycle landing gear. Once you’re ready, optional floats can also be installed for takeoffs and landings on water!
The real secret behind the Apprentice S 2 is Horizon Hobby's exclusive and innovative SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology which when activated helps stabilize the aircraft and limit range of input to avoid dangerous flight maneuvers. This makes it possible for novice pilots to learn to fly successfully.
- (1) HobbyZone Apprentice S 2 1.2m
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (1) 30A Brushless telemetry-capable ESC (installed)
- (4) Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ AR631 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- (1) Spektrum DXS 2.4GHz DSMX® Transmitter
- (1) Spektrum 1300mAh 3S 11.1V 30C Smart LiPo Battery
- (1) Spektrum S120 USB-C Smart Charger
- (1) Product Manual