Learn to fly from a book that has personality with Rod Machado’s "Private Pilot/Commercial Pilot Handbook." In addition to having everything you need to know to become a knowledgeable and competent pilot, this book is full of wit, humor, analogies, and fun.
An instructor since 1973, Machado is also an expert at making the complex simple for beginners and novices alike with memory aids, detailed graphics, illustrations, photos, and more.
Whether your goal is to get ready for the private or commercial pilot written and oral exams or to refresh for flight reviews, you can’t go wrong with Rod Machado’s "Private Pilot/Commercial Pilot Handbook."
This 704-page, one-stop Private/Commercial Pilot Handbook contains:
- Simplification of technical subjects; engines, aerodynamics, flight instruments, and the airplane’s electrical system.
- Weather charts: Graphical Forecasts
- Latest weather chart information: Graphical Forecasts for Aviation
- Water model of electricity allows quick learning and understanding of the airplane’s electrical system.
- Alphabet airspace made E-Z. Instruction on ICAO Flight plan
- Step-by-step procedures for a smooth cross-country flight.
- Clear, down-to-earth explanations of pertinent FARs—Parts 61, 91, NTSB 830,
- Primary flight displays, latest glass cockpit technology & ADS-B.
- Easy to apply navigation methods for dead reckoning, VOR, GPS
- A wealth of basic and advanced insights, advice, and wisdom gleaned from practical experience.