Aviation lovers: order your tickets and pack your bags—it’s time to head to Lakeland, Florida for the world’s second largest aerospace expo. SUN ‘n FUN 2022 kicks off in just a few short weeks, and we hope to see you there.
Whether it’s your first expo experience or you’re returning for the twentieth time, we’re here to answer all your questions including where to get tickets, how to camp onsite, what you can and can’t bring, and of course what COVID policies are in place this year.
SUN ‘n FUN 2022 Event Details
- What: SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo
- When: April 5-10, 2022
- Where: SUN ‘n FUN Expo Campus, 4175 Medulla Road, Lakeland, FL 33811
- Hours: Parking lot gates open at 7 am and close at 11 pm. The admission windows are open from 8 am until 6 pm.
SUN ‘n FUN 2022 Ticket Prices
How much does SUN ‘n FUN cost? That depends on your age and which ticket you choose. Ticket options are available to fit all needs and schedules. You can choose single day tickets or entire week passes.
Daily rates are the same price no matter which day of the expo you attend, and a general admission daily ticket can be used for any expo day you choose.
Daily ticket rates
General admission daily ticket prices for this year are:
- Adults (age 18+): $45
- Youth (ages 7-17): $20
- Children (ages 6 and under): Free
Weekly ticket rates:
General admission weekly ticket prices for this year are:
- Adults (age 18+): $170
- Youth (ages 7-17): $70
- Children (ages 6 and under): Free
Preferred airshow seating:
If you love to be up close and personal at airshows, you can score coveted flight line seating. Just add a preferred airshow seating ticket to your admission ticket for $25 per adult.
SUN ‘n FUN Ticket Discounts
In addition to the weekly ticket price break, extra discounted rates and special pricing packages are offered to the following categories of attendees:
- Florida residents
- Certified pilots
- Florida Air Museum members
- Active or retired United States military members
- Select aviation organization members
Pro Tip: If you purchase a discounted ticket online using a promotional code, remember to bring the appropriate identification to prove you qualify for the discount when you exchange your printed ticket for a wristband onsite.
Where to Get SUN ‘n FUN Tickets
Expo tickets can be purchased on-site when you arrive to the event, or you can buy SUN ‘n FUN tickets online in advance. Online ticket holders will turn in their printed paper tickets for a SUN ‘n FUN wristband when they arrive at the expo.
Remember to bring your photo ID and, if you qualify for a discounted ticket, bring your ID for that as well (for example, your Florida government issued ID card, pilot certification card, etc.)
SUN ‘n FUN Schedule 2022
If you’re wondering what to see at SUN ‘n FUN 2022, you’ll be glad to hear this year’s daily expo schedule is loaded with exciting activities and events. Your daily or weekly tickets gives you access to:
- Shuttle Transportation throughout the site
- A Daily Airshow
- Wednesday & Saturday Night Airshows
- Over 500 Aviation-Focused Exhibitors
- Show planes on the Flightline
- Static Military Aircraft and Demonstration Flights
- Fly-By Showcase
- Educational & FAA Forums, Workshops, and Seminars
- Florida Air Museum
- Museum Lectures
- Evening Movies and entertainment programs
Camping at SUN ‘n FUN
Are you driving to SUN ‘n FUN this year? Consider bringing an RV, travel trailer, or even a tent so you can spend the night or the entire week on-site. Flying in? Aircraft camping is also available.
Camping on the expo grounds is very convenient for visitors with small children or others who may want to take a break during the day. Camping gives you a dedicated space to go “home” and recharge mid-day before heading back out to the field.
Camping rates, registration information, and special driving instructions for overnight guests are available here.
Pro Tip: Access the grounds through the designated camper gate at 3901 Kelvin Howard Rd., Lakeland, FL 33811.
SUN ‘n FUN Packing List 2022
Florida’s April weather can vary, so plan ahead. Wear layers and bring gear to keep yourself comfy in everything from warm sun to cool rain.
Our must-have expo packing list includes:
- Rain poncho
- Short-sleeve shirt
- Lightweight long-sleeve shirt to block the sun
- Zip-off pants
- Comfortable closed-toe shoes for all-day walking
- Hat or cap (snug fitting and/or with a lanyard to help hold it on)
- Face mask
- Chill towel
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitizer
- Handheld radio (with fully charged battery)
- Cell phone
- Charging cable for phone
- Portable battery charger (fully charged)
- Camp chair
- Small backpack
- Earplugs or other ear protection
- Band-Aids or moleskin (in case of blisters from walking)
- Electrolyte powder or an electrolyte beverage
SUN ‘n FUN Prohibited Items
Avoid surprises when you arrive at the expo grounds. Most of the items on the no-go list are common sense, but a few might surprise you. Check the below list before heading to the airfield to ensure no one in your party has packed any unsanctioned items.
- Bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, two-wheeled scooters
- Weapons, except for those carried and concealed pursuant to a valid concealed weapons permit
- Fireworks or explosive devices
- Alcohol or alcoholic beverages
- Controlled substances
- Destructive devices
- Pets other than ADA recognized service animals
- All remotely controlled devices including aircraft and drones
SUN ‘n FUN FAQs
To recap and share a bit more info, here are quick answers to the most asked SUN ‘n FUN questions:
When is SUN ‘n FUN?
- SUN ‘n FUN 2022 will take place April 5-10, 2022
Where is SUN ‘n FUN held?
- This year (and every year) SUN ‘n FUN is taking place at the SUN ‘n FUN Expo Campus in Lakeland, Florida.
How much does SUN ‘n FUN cost?
- Daily and weekly general admission tickets are available in addition to special rates. Adult general admission tickets are $45 for the day and $170 for the week. Youth tickets (ages 7-17) are $20 for the day and $70 for the week. Children age 6 and under receive free daily and weekly admission.
Can I get a discount on SUN ‘n FUN tickets?
- Yes! SUN ‘n FUN discounts are available for members of certain groups (see our SUN ‘n FUN ticket discounts section above).
Can I camp at SUN ‘n FUN?
- Yes – camping is encouraged. Remember to register in advance and enter the grounds at the designated camper gate.
Do you need to pay to park at SUN ‘n FUN?
- Yes—daily parking is $10 for general and $25 for preferred parking. Weekly parking is available for $40.
Do I need to wear a facemask at SUN ‘n FUN?
- No—Florida is a mandate-free state, so facemasks are not required but can be worn if you want.