The iLevil series was designed from the ground up to be able to integrate multiple platforms into a small and powerful system including an ADS-B Receiver, AHRS and GPS.
Improved AHRS (Attitude and Heading Reference System)
Technology advances during the past year allowed Levil to develop the AHRS-G micro, which is embedded in the iLevil. The AHRS-G micro features higher rate of turns than its predecessors, which facilitates Acrobatic-type maneuvers. Unlike other portable AHRS currently on the market, Levil systems are GPS independent, thus if you lose GPS signal, you can still rely on our AHRS.
ADS-B receiver & GPS
Thanks to the FAA efforts to enhance flight safety, monitoring the weather and other airplanes is now possible without any subscription. All iLevil devices have a built-in GPS and 978 MHz ADS-B Receiver that will capture the following data:
1. Flight Information Services-Broadcast (FIS-B): The ground-to-air broadcast of meteoro-logical and aeronautical information. FIS-B allows the pilot to passively collect and display real-time weather and other operational data such as METAR, TAF, NOTAMs etc.
2. Traffic Information Services-Broadcast (TIS-B): The broadcast of traffic information to ADS-B-equipped aircraft from ADS-B ground based transceivers. For an aircraft to receive TIS-B services, the following conditions must exist:
Your aircraft (or an aircraft within range) must be equipped with an ADS-B OUT and be able to receive the UAT data on (978 MHz).The aircraft must fly within the coverage volume of a compatible ground station that is configured for TIS-B uplinks.The target aircraft must be within the coverage of, and detected by, at least one of the ATC radars serving the ground station in use.
3. Air-To-Air Traffic: The traffic broadcasted by other ADS-B Out equipped aircraft on 978 MHz
WiFi and additional features...
Like the AHRS-G mini, the iLevil offers WiFi capabilities which makes it compatible with WiFi enabled devices. The internal battery was replaced from Li-ion Polymer to Li-ion with a hard shell and more capacity to account for:
1. More power consumption due to ADS-B and GPS integration.
2. Constant sun exposure. Unlike the AHRS-G mini, the iLevil can be installed on the dashboard (during flight) for better GPS reception and to automatically charge the battery with the integrated photovoltaic cell (solar panel).
Charging of the instrument is also possible through a mini-USB connector.
Manufacturer Part No: ISW1
Order With Confidence
: Returns of purchases made today will be accepted through Friday, January 10, 2014 if they meet the terms of our standard Return Policy
Lowest Price Guarantee
: We strive to offer our customers the lowest prices and greatest selection of pilot supplies, educational material and aviation gifts. Please provide some basic info and we'll do our best to beat the lowest price that you've seen! Guarantee Form
: Orders for merchandise In Stock
in our Lakeland, Florida warehouse typically ship same-day if ordered by 3:00PM Eastern. We offer all UPS and USPS services within the US, and ship with DHL or USPS Express Mail outside the US. You will be prompted to select a shipping method during checkout.
UPS Ground Transit Time Chart